This position has been filled. Thanks to everyone who applied, and be sure to check back for new job openings down the road.
We're looking for another Online Marketing Strategist.
What does it mean to be a Strategist at Click Rain? Well, it means a lot of things. Some days, you'll be responsible for building a new paid search campaign in Google AdWords for a university. Other days, you'll need to create an email marketing message for a hotel chain. And yet other days, you'll have to prepare analytics reports to track the success of social media marketing for a hospital.
But most days, you'll be doing all of that, and more. Our Strategists are the Swiss army knives of the team, and each day will probably include a dozen different responsibilities. So you need to be very organized, and extremely capable of learning new skills quickly.
Here are some encouraging qualities that we'll be looking for:
- You're familiar with Google AdWords, and how to manage keywords and budgets. AdWords Certification isn't an absolute requirement, but if you have it, you're probably moving to the top of our list.
- You know who Matt Cutts is.
- You have experience with goal-driven social media. You've made a Facebook page before? Great-- but everyone has done that. You've been responsible for using that Facebook page to drive trackable conversions on a website, and you have data to back up your success? Now we're talking.
- Reputation management means something to you, and a company has entrusted you with their reputation in the past.
- You've played around in MailChimp, Constant Contact, iContact, or another email marketing program. If you can send me a link to sign up for your newsletter, even better.
- You're comfortable with website tracking metrics. You can look at a Google Analytics account and determine insights, not just data. Like AdWords, Analytics certification is not required, but is a major plus. (Major.)
- You know what CMS stands for, and you've had experience using one. (Or two, if the first one is WordPress.)
- You can communicate effectively and succinctly, and have the ability to make complex concepts sound simple. We strategists are often translators, bringing nerd-world insights to a real-world audience.
- Related to the last point, you have writing experience. Have a blog? Send us a link. Even if the subject matter is unrelated to online marketing, we want to know that you're not intimidated by a blank screen and a flashing cursor.
- Do you have any development experience? We're not looking for a developer in this position, but any experience-- even just basic HTML knowledge-- will be noted.
- You care about online marketing. You read digital blogs daily, not just to know the trends, but to act on them.
- You are comfortable being uncomfortable. As mentioned above, you will never have two days that look the same. You need to be very willing to adapt to different clients, different platforms, and different workloads.
Note that I didn't use any terms like "entry level" or "5+ years of experience". Some of us have worked previously at agencies, others learned everything we needed to know during evenings and weekends, outside of a school or workplace. The online world is a great equalizer-- it costs you nothing to start a blog and track it with Google Analytics. We want you to "walk the walk", whether it's been your full-time job before, or just a well-focused "extracurricular activity".
But enough about you, let's talk about us. Here's what you can expect working at Click Rain:
- We have the benefits you should expect from a small tech company. The good stuff like health, dental, matching 401k, company paid service projects, etc. But we rock the free soda, casual dress, an AirWolf machine in the conference room, and serious conversations about Avengers movie canon.
- We work 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday, but sporadically have needs that fall beyond those hours. Sometimes those extra hours involve bowling for charity.
- Our client list extends from local to national firms, across several different industries, including hospitality, education, healthcare, politics, finance, and more.
- We push our clients forward. It's not enough to "keep doing the same old thing"-- that's not fair to our clients, and frankly, we'd get bored pretty quickly. We take pride in bringing new insights, new ideas, new trends to our clients, to make sure that they-- and we-- are always thinking about the future.
If this sounds appealing to you, and you fit most of the criteria of what we're looking for, send an email, resume, and relevant links to chris [at] clickrain [dot] com. There is no deadline on this position, but when we meet the right applicant, we're ready to move. Let's do this!