It's no shock that teens are bloggers, and it's also not a huge surprise that according the Pew Internet, approximately 35 percent of all online teen girls blog, compared to only about 20 percent of teen boys.
If children are our future, then digital communication is their food. Here are some other interesting findings from the Pew report on teens and social media (you can check out the full report here... it's quite good):
- 70% of teens say they talk on a cell phone
- 60% send text messages
- 54% instant message
- 47% send messages over social network sites
- 46% talk to friends on a landline
- 35% spend time with friends in person (This seems low. Or, a sign of the times?)
- 22% send e-mail daily.
- 19% of online teen boys post video (girls are at 10%)
Teens turn into college students who eventually turn into adults with jobs and disposable income. Start reaching them via these mediums now if you want your piece of the pie.