Click Rain is looking to grow, and we're hiring for two positions: Web Developer and Online Marketing Strategist.
Click Rain developers are multitalented-- they're comfortable with both front-end and back-end development, understand SEO best practices, know how IE is going to break a website before firing up the browser, and often bike to work.
Here are some of the qualities that we want to see in a Web Developer candidate:
- You've been around. You have four plus years of development experience, and a portfolio (or Git repository) to prove it.
- You know your letters. You'll be expected to build sites in PHP, HTML, CSS, and jQuery. Experience with Expression Engine will give you a major leg-up as well.
- You're comfortable seeing a site through to completion. You can take a PSD file from a designer, slice it into HTML, build it onto a CMS framework, and update the DNS to launch it a few weeks later.
- You test your sites before they go live.
- You understand responsive web design and development. You understand that the mobile web is the *only* web for many.
- You bring a strategy to your web projects. Your sites are more than just a digitalized brochure-- they are a marketing tool used to achieve a business objective. And you feel comfortable bringing that strategy to clients.
Online Marketing Strategist
Development isn't the only area in which Click Rain is growing. We're also looking to add to our stable of uber-talented Online Marketing Strategists. Our OMS team is responsible for bringing and executing the strategies to help our clients meet their business goals on the web. This can and will include using tools like Google Analytics, paid search advertising, retargeting, several email marketing platforms, and probably some that haven't even been invented yet.
These are a few of the characteristics we'll look for in a strategist candidate:
- You have digital marketing experience. You've spent two or more years in the world of online marketing, either for an agency, your current company, or even on your own.
- You know your way around Google Analytics. Beyond just visitors and bounce rates, you understand advanced segments, profile filters, and custom variables. Google Analytics Individual Qualification is not a requirement, but certified candidates will be given top preference.
- You know the difference between PPC and SEO, and have had measurable experience in both. You can manage keywords, campaigns, budgets, and know who Matt Cutts is.
- You have experience with goal-driven social media. You've made a Facebook page before? Great-- but everyone has done that. You've been responsible for using that Facebook page to drive trackable conversions on a website, and you have data to back up your success? Now we're talking.
- You've been in MailChimp, Constant Contact, iContact, or another email marketing program. Send me a link to subscribe to your newsletter-- I'm curious about what you have to say.
- You can communicate effectively, and succinctly, and have the ability to make complex concepts sound simple. Professional written and verbal communication is a must. We strategists are often translators, bringing nerd-world insights to a real-world audience.
- You are comfortable being uncomfortable. You will never have two days that look the same. You need to be very willing to adapt to different clients, different platforms, and different workloads.
About Click Rain
- We have the benefits you should expect from a small tech company. The good stuff like health, dental, matching 401k, company paid service projects, etc. But we also rock the free soda, casual dress, an AirWolf machine in the conference room, and conversations that are as nerdy as our T-shirts.
- We work 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday, but sporadically have needs that fall beyond those hours. Sometimes those extra hours involve travel.
- Our client list extends from local to national firms, across several different industries, including hospitality, education, healthcare, politics, finance, and more.
- We push our clients forward. It's not enough to "keep doing the same old thing"-- that's not fair to our clients, and frankly, we'd get bored pretty quickly. We take pride in bringing new insights, new ideas, new trends to our clients, to make sure that they-- and we-- are always thinking about the future.
How to Apply
To apply for our Web Developer position, email eric [at] clickrain [dot] com with your resume and portfolio. To apply for our Online Marketing Strategist position, email chris [at] clickrain [dot] com with your resume and social links.
We're growing quickly, so don't wait to apply. Let's do this!